Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli with Beet Slaw Bento

I haven't posted a MisterMan bento for awhile, so here's today's: Vietnamese soy chicken with steamed broccoli, a raw beet-carrot-onion-daikon vinegary slaw, and a selection of fruit (peach, strawberries, blueberries). It does look a bit ordinary, doesn't it? Actually, I haven't been posting his bento because he's been making his own, by himself, a couple of times a week. He decides what and how much he wants, and he likes to show me the finished result. I've taken phone shots of his creations, and I really should post them for posterity. Maybe I'll show you a few of his bento sometime!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh that slaw looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn; the beet colors the rest of the ingredients nicely too, and goes well with the vinegary flavor.

      Delete
  2. Love the slaw too! Misterman does his own bento?! Say whut? Wow! Your kids always impress me Sheri.. they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Score. Can't wait til he makes mine too :D Thanks Chantale!

      Delete
  3. I would love to see Mister Man's bentos!!! I need to come over there so he can make some for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah; that would be so cool Heather! Thanks :D

      Delete
  4. your blog is very nice i like it especially you post i like eat food some kind of chinies and italian

    ReplyDelete