Thursday, October 27, 2011

Skull Sandwich Bento

Skull Sandwich Bento by sherimiya ♥
Skull Sandwich Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
We're taking a break from jacks today because I just found this skull and crossbones cutter that a dear friend sent me last Halloween. I should have marked out the skull and bones shapes to more clearly delineate the image, because when MisterMan saw it he said "Oh, a gingerbread man!" Whatever! Come to think of it, I guess skulls and crossbones are more pirate-y than Halloween-y. Oops. I lightly pressed the cutter partially through the sweet potato bread top slice of his sandwich, which fit perfectly in one side of my Sistema box. The other side is just right for a selection of colorful fruit and vegetables: carrot, corn, broccoli, Okinawan sweet potato, strawberries, honeydew melon and grapes. I used a few grapes to cut out the face for the skull, which I sealed in place with plastic wrap. Scary or not?

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh it's very scary! I love that he thought it was a gingerbread man! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is suite a cute bento box (:

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! This bento would be perfect for this week's Halloween themed Bento of the Week meme at Bento Blog Network.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog :) I've never made a bento but I have admired this fun and delightful "art form" for a long time. In Finland you don't really get bento-equipment but now my brother brought two bento boxes from Malaysia and I can finally start!

    Your bentos look so delicious - and hard to make :D but I guess practise makes perfect? I don't have any children, but I want to surprise the love of my life with quirky bento lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I LOVE how this violet colored box sets off your vibrant bento creations, Sheri. Have a happily spooky weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 of those boxes. I LOVE them! :D

    Your lunches are always so colorful! I can taste the rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How embarrassing that I haven't made any Halloween-themed bentos till now and how many have you made so far...?? I'll definitely make one tomorrow before Halloween is really over ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Heather, Mai, Diana, Elina, Bentobird, Sile and Cooking Gallery! It's not too late for Halloween bento... in fact I'll have one more for tomorrow I think... :D

    Elina, that's great! It's true that practice makes perfect, or at least each bento can show improvement over time. Just a look at my past bento from a few years ago will show it to be true. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete