Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mini Pizza Bento


Mini Pizza Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
I made mini pizzas using pocketless whole wheat pita rounds, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and shredded spinach. Since MisterMan is learning fractions this week, I was going to write "1/4" on each piece with asparagus, but they were too big and simply fell off. Later I realized I should have just used pepperoni. Next time.

Since this tiffin is quite deep, I was able to put all slices in the bottom and place the top tier on top. I filled the top, shallow bowl with a variety of fruits: red grapes, kiwi flowers, a mini mandarin, cinnamon apple hearts, and a grape tomato. The grape tomato is very important, as it allows me to enter this bento in the RED B.O.M.B.contest at hapabento's blog. Yay! I guess the tablecloth also counts too, right?

14 comments:

  1. Apple hearts are soooo cute!!! Bet that wasn't easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't cut the skin, so it was actually quite easy! I used a metal cutter and it cut very clean. I used to do chunks, but this is cuter! Thanks Angi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea with the Mini-Pizza! I'm so hungry!!! You did a great job again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fruit looks just lovely - I really like the cinnamon on apple idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sure Red BOMB! The pizza looks crunchy , wanna take a bite right now ... be careful Sheri. Cinnamon apple hearts lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming old-time Italian restuarant feel to this lovely bento, sherimiya! Love how you've highlighted the RED grape tomato with pretty(red)pick! In tune with this bento, I'm feeling a pasta craving coming on as a massive snowstorm arrives in our area...Wishing you and yours a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummers! pizza sounds delish, the tomato and tablecloth both totally count, and i love when you use four colored cups like this. i agree with bentobird, italian restaurant was my first thought with the checkers - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kid doesn't love pizza! Whenever Paige bring pizza to school her classmates ooh and ahh over it. It's the most sought after lunch! What a great bento, looks like a beautiful Italian picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pizza-pizza! Lovely gingham background for a "pizza picnic"! A fun assortment of fruits too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Token, Lexi, Lia, bentobird, megan, Susan, and Debra! You guys are so sweet.
    Yea, I was going for Italian pizza place with the checkered cloth, glad you saw it :)
    Stay warm Bentobird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks sheri--you inspired me in an Italian direction and I made a Sicilian pasta dish last night! Snowed in, should watch The Godfather, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi bentobird! Thanks a lot! Yum! I wish I was invited for dinner, it sounds fantastic! Hmm, now you've given me an idea for dinner tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw this is such a cute setting. my tiffins are at least 3 tiers - hm, i should check out the 2 tier ones now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi javapot,
    I have a 3 tier one just like this too, but I rarely use it unless we are all going out for picnic. Best for you to get a 2 tier one to add to your collection ;)

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete